All,

FISCAL YEAR-ENDING ESTIMATES

Once again this year, we are directing that progress estimates be prepared on all

projects for the period ending June 30, 2023. That date falls on a Friday this

year.

Please insure that work performed up to and including June 30th is documented and

authorized before the estimates are generated. Please keep in mind that the

estimate does not have to be generated on June 30 ----- you just need to make sure

that it is generated for the period ending June 30, 2023. (Don’t use June 29.

Don’t use July 1. It must be June 30.)

This policy has been established so that the Controller Division ---- and others ---- can

more accurately identify in which fiscal year work was performed on a project and

when it became an obligation for the state (or others) to pay. Additionally, for some

other accounting reasons, the Controller Division may have good reason to separate

project costs from one fiscal year to another.

In simple terms, all work performed up to and including Friday, June 30, 2023

should appear on an estimate which is created for the period ending June 30, 2022.

This June 30th estimate should be prepared regardless of your established schedule

for generating estimates.

Also, I ask that you create an estimate for the period ending June 30th even if there

is little or no work to document. It just makes it easier for everyone to monitor that

we've got a snapshot of all the projects at the end of the fiscal year --- and it also

leaves no question for us about whether or not the estimate just wasn’t necessary or

just wasn’t generated. Create an estimate for the period ending June 30 on

every project. Exceptions would be projects that haven’t started and projects for

which the “FINL” estimate has been generated.

This request applies to all projects --- State or LPA --- in our SiteManager and

AASHTOware Project systems.

PROGRESS ESTIMATE PAYMENTS BEFORE AND AFTER JULY 1

Progress estimates processed and received by the Controller by Friday, June 16

should be paid during this fiscal year. Progress estimates received after June 16 will

probably not be paid until at least July 5, 2023.

Lorraine Legg, P.E.

Assistant Construction Engineer-Contract Administration

Nebraska Department of Transportation

OFFICE 402-479-4455

CELL 402-219-1025

dot.nebraska.gov | Twitter

AASHTOWare Project Logo Access the NDOT-Construction Systems Construction-Materials List Archives

Need more help? See our reference guides